Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Bored on a Monday

I got bored today and decided to draft my multimedia area in the man cave and started the rough on it. Due to my complicated setup, I had to actually draw it out by hand to ensure I was capturing EVERYTHING I wanted - Cables, Speaker Locations, Wall Plates, TVplacements (x2), etc.

I headed to Home Depot with my final draft and went to town! Good thing is most of it was cheap and no labor costs other than myself, so why not? Ive decided to use some of my barely used Boston Acoustic Home Theatre speakers in the garage. I know they wont get use in our main area due to its bulkiness, so why not put it to use and add some sound to the garage. Well...since it is my man cave and wanted it perfect, I decided to start wiring it (with the help of my cousin Irizzle).

Here are some photos of what I was doing and some of the things it will use when we do the finish work. A lot cant happen until the new dry wall is up, so were doing the rough.

First - Mounted the Speaker Drop Boxes (some in the rear too for surround sound. Looking in the garage from the outside, this is the back left corner (the Multimedia Area) that will consist of the Stereo Amp, (2) TV's, PS3, XBox and whatever I want to add later.






Ran the Speakers Wires and stapled. Gotta keep it clean!

Speaker Wires bundled up until the Wall Plate arrives.
Speaker Wires will terminate into this - 5.1 System (overkill for the garage, but it works for me)

Im debating this custom plate I made, but I think this will be more for the Living Room where all these are important. Just to give you an idea of what kind of Multimedia Im doing...this stuff is serious. 

Sample of how I ran cables from one end of the room to the other - Stapled and with proper staples - plastic ends to ensure no shorts or damage to the cable. This is low level electricity, so really didnt need to worry, but it sure beats dangling cables (though you wont see this when the insulation and dry wall is up (this is the ceiling joist).  
Labeled Boxes - I have a ton of Blue Electric Boxes in the garage - yes a lot are for true electrical outlets, but I made sure I labeled the work I do to ensure they do not over over over kill the outlets. I just need one here, the rest will be similar to the plates above for connectivity.

Thats all I got for tonight - tired and work in a few hours. I wouldnt be able to sleep ok if I didnt post this up...soooo...here it is and good night. 

...off to sleep to think/dream of my 10 million other projects I want to do. To me, as long as Im doing some of the work, its ok. No need to pay and its a bit rewarding. It will look much better when everything is done, but you need to try and imagine it for now with bare walls :)



No comments:

Post a Comment